Tips for a Makeup Free Face
As you know, I’m not the biggest fan of wearing makeup ( or maybe yes but most of the time I rather not wear any). It’s not like I don’t love a good glam face from time to time, but if I don’t have to, I choose to wear a bare face. This means, I spend extra money and effort on my skin and invest in specific routines of maintenance. I have never personally tried botox or injections of any sort, but I am also not against it and I totally will in the future. My family has great skin, so I’d like to think a lot of lack of wrinkles comes from them.
1. Microblading: I want to micro-blend my eyebrows even tho I don't need it that much, I just want them thicker. I always need to fill them in to make myself look put together. I only fill them in when I wear makeup but I will love love not having to do so and have perfect fuller eyebrow with or without makeup.
So, what is microblading?.Microblading is a semi-permanent brow tattoo. By using a special tool (not a tattoo gun) to insert pigment into the upper layers of the skin, creates the desired fullness and shape for flawless eyebrows!
2. Eyelash Extensions– I recently went back to eyelash extensions and although it IS a lot of maintenance, I feel for me it is so worth it and I am totally obsessed. I do them with my mom ( as some of you all know she is a specialist in it ) and have since had two full sets and a fill, but I’m officially hooked again.
The lashes are applied on a. hair-by-hair basis for a completely natural look. I now feel even more put together without wearing makeup and from the moment I wake up.
4. Regular Facials– 6 years ago, I made a promise to myself to invest in my skin. The first step was doing a facial on a routinely basis.
5. Skincare Products– I switched my beauty regime to all-natural and organic products a few years ago and I can’t imagine ever going back. I think its due to the fact that my skin has improved SO much since then and now I know too much about what ingredients are in the other brands. Brands that have too good of marketing to see through. So, do your research before investing in a “top” brand.
6. Masking and Exfoliate - I love using masks on a regular basis, I use a mask 2 to 3 times a week and sometimes even 4 time a week and exfoliate daily with a gentle exfoliate cream or soup.
7. Tinted Moisturizer- When your skin is on the mend, it feels SO good to not wear makeup. Of course, its important to still use sunscreen... so a tinted moisturizing sunscreen could be a great option for a little glow and protection during the day. I use the brand Suntegrity in shade golden beige.